Creamy Lemon Garlic Dressing (Try It On Fries!)
I love homemade salad dressing, you just can’t beat the freshness! And really? It’s pretty easy to make.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy. Thanks for supporting Bloom in the Black!
I went on a major Jamie Oliver kick about 10 years back and learned the basics of building a good dressing. The man is a genius with food. I highly recommend this cookbook for mastering some key skills for putting together delicious recipes.
But back to this dressing situation.
My go-to homemade version is this simple creamy lemon garlic dressing. Why? Because not only is it amazing on salads, it also makes a fantastic marinade and scrummy french fry dip (if you like that kind of thing).
In this post, I’m going to share the recipe for my family’s favorite creamy lemon garlic dressing slash marinade slash french fry dip.
Pin for later!
How to Make Creamy Lemon Garlic Dressing
To make this versatile salad dressing you only need a few simple ingredients: garlic, lemon, mayo, grated parmesan, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Combine all the ingredients in a small jelly jar and shake until emulsified. This dressing will keep in the fridge for at least a week. Shake the jar again before each use as it will separate in the fridge.
Salad dressing really is very easy to make. You just add an acid, a fat, and some seasoning and shake it up! I love this lemon garlic version for spring especially.
The fresh citrus flavor makes it feel like maybe, just maybe, warm weather and summer parties are just around the corner.
Related post: DIY a Seagrass Placemat (These are great for summer entertaining!)
Late winter and early spring in New England is a game of mental endurance. Whatever it takes to trick myself into believing 😉
Shop my favorite Amazon kitchen decor!
My favorite salad to use this on is a simple bed of baby arugula, slivered toasted almonds, and either goat cheese or shaved parm. Sounds a little strange, but whenever I serve it every last bit is gobbled up with requests for more.
This salad would make an incredible side dish to my crispy sweet potato gnocchi.
Not a salad lover? Then try marinating your favorite protein! I’ve used this as a marinade for lemon garlic chicken on the grill, steak tips, pork tenderloin, and salmon. I plan to try it on tofu next.
If you like tofu, you have to try my crispy tofu taco recipe!
I’ve even mixed it into burgers for an extra kick.
Of course, I have to mention creamy lemon garlic dressing as fry dip again. Skeptical? Seriously. TRY IT.
You may become a convert 🙂
Creamy Lemon Garlic Dressing
This creamy lemon garlic dressing uses common ingredients to make an uncommonly good dish. It's delicious over arugula for the perfect spring salad but also makes a great marinade and french fry dip!
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely grate or mince 1 glove of garlic and place in a pint-size Mason jar.
- Juice two large lemons to get about 1/3 cup of juice. Add juice to the mason jar, taking care to strain out any seeds.
- Add remaining ingredients to the jar.
- Screw cap on tightly and shake well until emulsified.
- Taste for seasoning and enjoy!
I recommend making this in a mason jar so you can store it directly in the fridge.
This dressing will keep for at least a week.
You'll need to shake it before each use because the ingredients will separate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Organic Garlic
- 365 by Whole Foods Market, Shelf-Stable Parmesan Cheese - Grated, 8 Ounce
- Sunkist, Lemon Bag Conventional, 32 Ounce
- 365 by Whole Foods Market, Mayonnaise, 32 Fl Oz
- 365 by Whole Foods Market, Cold Processed Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Mediterranean Blend, 33.8 Fl Oz
- Mason Jars 8 OZ, VERONES 8 OZ Canning Jars Jelly Jars With Regular Lids, Ideal for Jam, Honey, Wedding Favors, Shower Favors, Baby Foods, 15 PACK