A beautiful charcuterie board bursting with delicious meats, cheeses, nuts and crackers is a fantastic choice for entertaining. What’s not so fantastic? The price. Ouch.
For a shared snack board that’s way cheaper and every bit as delicious, make a butter board!
Butter boards are the latest TikTok food sensation, and it’s easy to understand why. A butter board is:
- Easy to make
- Impressive looking
- Tasty as heck
My version works just as well for a weeknight family meal as it does for a party. This Garlic Bread Butter Board recipe is an amazing addition to spaghetti night.
You just need a few basic ingredients:
- Softened butter
- Dried oregano
- Crusty bread for serving
Tips for Making a Butter Board
- Be sure to use room temperature butter! You can’t smear a rock solid stick of butter.
- Plan on 1 stick of butter for every 6 people.
- Don’t overload the toppings to the point where it’s difficult to get an even serving on your dipper.
- Keep in mind that the butter will soak into a wood or marble board, causing permanent discoloration. Use parchment paper between the butter and the board if you want to avoid this.
- Size the serving board to the amount of butter you’re using. You don’t want a sad little island of butter on a giant board. Unless you’re using this as a section of a larger charcuterie board. Then by all means, go big or go home!
I have a great tutorial on how to build your own serving board if you want a special size.
- 1 room temp stick of butter
- 4 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Dried oregano
- Cut 3 garlic cloves in half and the remaining garlic clove into thin slices
- Simmer the halved cloves in olive oil until soft, then place into mini food processor with butter and salt and purée until combined
- Fry the remaining garlic slices in olive oil until crisp, about 1 minute
- Spread garlic butter onto a small wooden board
- Sprinkle butter with parmesan and oregano then arrange garlic chips over the top
- Serve with toasted ciabatta bread