Easy Kielbasa Vegetable Soup: 5 Ingredients, 5 Minutes
In the winter, I crave soup all day, every day. New England winters are chilly and there’s nothing better than coming inside to a homemade soup.
But I also need to get it on the table fast. And on a typical weeknight? I don’t really feel like chopping a billion ingredients.
To get the best of both worlds (homemade taste with convenient ingredients), I developed this failproof kielbasa vegetable soup recipe. It uses only 5 ingredients, requires no seasoning, and only takes 5 minutes in the Instant Pot.
Don’t have an Instant Pot? No worries, you can make this comforting soup on the stovetop as well.
Pin for later!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy. Thanks for supporting Bloom in the Black!
Like I mentioned before, this recipe only uses 5 inexpensive ingredients which makes this the perfect comfort food recipe when you’re on a budget. Even better? The kielbasa seasons the soup for you. No need to measure out additional spices. No under- or over-salting. Just yummy perfection every time.
Not a big meat eater? Then try my Creamy Vegetable Soup. Every bit as hearty, easy, and satisfying but meat-free.
Be sure to add the ingredients in the order listed on the recipe card below if you’re using the Instant Pot, otherwise it may not come to pressure.
I’ve included instructions for cooking on the stovetop and in the crockpot as well, but I’ve found that the Instant Pot yields the best results!
Easy Kielbasa Vegetable Soup
Make this quick-cooking kielbasa vegetable soup on a chilly winter day. This recipe uses only 5 ingredients and is dump-and-go!
- 1 kielbasa or smoked sausage
- 1 16 oz bag of frozen vegetables
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 2 32 oz cartons of chicken broth (you won't use it all)
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- Chop kielbasa into bite-sized pieces and drop into your Instant Pot.
- Add entire bag of veggies to the pot.
- Add can of tomatoes to the pot.
- Add egg noodles to the pot.
- Pour 1 carton of the chicken broth into the pot. Press noodles down gently to submerge into the broth.
- Pour enough of the second carton of broth into the pot to just cover the noodles.
- Set Instant Pot to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle is complete, carefully release the pressure
This recipe can easily be adapted for the stovetop or crockpot.
For stovetop: dump everything into the pot and simmer for 15 minutes or until egg noodles are tender.
For crockpot: dump everything into the pot and cook on low for 1 - 2 hours or until egg noodles are tender.