There’s a restaurant in town that I’m absolutely in LOVE with and every time I go, I order the truffle parmesan fries.
But guys, it’s a little pricey.
And I need my truffle fix more than a couple times a year!
One of my family’s staple sides is the humble tater tot. So crispy, so good. I just knew I could recreate that restaurant dish and maybe even improve upon it!
In this post, I’ll show you how to make parmesan truffle tots with just 4 ingredients and 2 minutes of hands-on time!
Like it? Pin it!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy. Thanks for supporting Bloom in the Black!
How to Make Parmesan Truffle Tots
To make parmesan truffle tots, you simply toss store-bought tots with truffle oil and parmesan.
You could also make these with french fries. These are my favs and would be amazing in this recipe.
This is barely a recipe — it’s more like a method. Or a food hack.
Either way, this copycat recipe checks all the boxes for the perfect:
- simple side dish,
- elevated appetizer,
- or savory snack.
This is my secret ingredient:
White truffle oil can be a pricey ingredient, but it’s incredibly versatile. I use it on salads and pasta too. So good.
If you have trouble finding truffle oil at your local grocery store, Amazon stocks it for a reasonable price, and I’ve also had luck finding various brands at HomeGoods!
For extra truffle flavor, this truffle zest is AMAZING.
Give this a try next time you’re craving something crispy and savory!
- Half a bag of frozen mini tater tots
- 1 - 2 tbsp white truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs (optional)
- Prepare tater tots according to the directions on the bag (I usually do 425 degrees for 15 minutes)
- Pull hot tots from the oven and place them in a bowl
- Drizzle with 1 - 2 tbsps of oil (depending on how much truffle flavor you want to add) and sprinkle with the parmesan
- Toss to coat
- Sprinkle with cracked black pepper to taste and add fresh herbs if desired (flat leaf parsley and basil are especially tasty)
- Serve warm
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.